Critter Sitters Policies
Things You Should Know
Services and Rates:
- Pet sitting starts at $20.00 per half hour visit. A fee of $2.00 is charged for each additional dog, $1.00 for each additional cat, $2.00 for each additional bird cage. Fish are free!
- Midday dog walking is $20.00 per half hour visit.
- House check, for homes without pets, is $15.00 per visit.
- There is a surcharge of $10 per visit for the following holidays:
- Easter Sunday
- Fourth of July
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Please call Critter Sitters to reserve pet sitting as soon as possible. I make every effort to accommodate as many clients as I can however I do book quickly especially for a holiday.
- Your reservations are not confirmed until you have received a confirmation email or have spoken to me personally.
Critter Sitters will be happy to pick up and return keys. Frequent clients, however, usually leave keys with me for future use. Keys are kept safe and are never marked in such a way as to identify the client. Critter Sitters requires two sets of keys.
- Established clients please leave payment at home for pick up at the first visit.
- Midday dog walking clients please leave payment at home for pick up at the first scheduled visit of the week.
- New clients, payment is due in full at the meet and greet.
- If your return is delayed Critter Sitters will be happy to care for your pets until you get home. Regular service rates, including holiday rates if applicable, will apply and payment is due upon your return.
- No refunds are issued should you return early. However, credit for the unused portion will be applied to your account.
- Critter Sitters requires all pets’ vaccinations to be up to date.
- Pet owner authorizes Critter Sitters to seek veterinary assistance at the cost of the pet owner.
- The pet owner is responsible for supplying a safe environment, both indoor and outdoor, for all pets.
- The pet owner is responsible for securing gates and fences in yards. Electric or invisible fencing is not considered an adequate barrier for the safety of your dog. Lacking a fenced in yard, dogs are walked on leashes.
- Cats are never let out of the house.
- Birds must be in an enclosure with access to food and water from the outside. Birds are never let out of their enclosures.
- The pet owner must inform Critter Sitters of all animals in the home.
- When walking your dog it is Critter Sitters policy to avoid or keep to a minimum any contact with other animals or people, especially children.
- The pet owner is responsible for leaving enough pet food to last the duration of their trip. The pet owner authorizes the necessary purchase of pet food to be reimbursed to Critter sitters along with a $20 service fee upon their return.
- In the event of extreme weather the length of walks will be at the discretion of the pet sitter.
- Critter Sitters is not responsible for damage to property caused by nature, pets or other individuals who have access to the property.
- Client is to carry standard homeowners and public liability insurance on the residence.
- Critter Sitters is not responsible for damage to the home by water leaks, furnace failure or electrical problems. Critter Sitters will make every effort to contact the client or the emergency contact in the event of such an occurrence.
- The client authorizes this contract as valid for future services.